I have a solid understanding of the mechanics of crafting a quality photograph, as well as extensive experience at organizing photo shoots that are efficient, pleasurable, brisk and on-budget. I enjoy the challenge of producing and delivering high-quality projects under various budgetary and time constraints.
Relevant Skills Include:
- Proficiency with any and all formats of still cameras, both film and digital
- Considerable practical experience preparing files for large-format digital printing, four-color printing and Internet distribution
- Proficiency with available, strobe and/or continuous lighting, both in the studio and on location
- Equally adept with black-and-white and color processes.
- Certification as a Registered Biological Photographer from the BioCommunications Association.
Advertising and Editorial Clients Include:
- M&C Saatchi LA
- CBS Records
- CBS Television
- Entertainment Weekly
- Higher Octave Music
- Japanese Newsweek
- Kiplinger Report
- NBC Television.
- The New York Times
- New Mexico Magazine
- Outside Magazine
- People en Espanol
- Self Magazine
- Southwest Spirit Airline
- Stereophile Magazine (more than 150 covers for the magazine)
- Sony Music
- Travel and Leisure
- Travel Holiday
- USA Weekend
- Warner Brothers Music
- Wine Spectator
Of course, photography is an art form as well as an occupation, and I appreciate and enjoy the aesthetic process of creating a beautiful image. My work has been exhibited in local and regional art galleries and is part of many collections.
A Sampling of Shows and Awards:
- Albuquerque Museum of Art, commissioned portrait of Maria Benitez for permanent collection (2009)
- International Photography Awards, Honorable Mention, Editorial Portraits (2004)
- International Photography Awards, Honorable Mention, Books: With a Measure of Grace (2004)
- Print’s Regional Design Annual, Certificate of Design Excellence (2003)
- New Mexico Advertising Federation, Addy Award, Collateral Material (2002)
Finally, the efficient, technically accomplished aspects of my work join with the artistic side in the award-winning books that we’ve created at Provecho Press, a regional, fine-art, custom publishing house that I co-founded in 2003 and for which I remain managing director and chief of photography.
Our catalog includes:
- With a Measure of Grace (2004), in it’s fourth printing over 20,000 sold
- One Taste (2008)
- At Home with the Range (2010), which recently went into a second print run, having sold out its original 10,000 copy allotment
To read Rangefinder Magazine’s article on Eric:
• Rangefinder Magazine – rangefinderonline.com
For more information and how to purchase Provecho Press books:
• With a Measure of Grace – provechopress.com
• One Taste – provechopress.com
• At Home with the Range Cafe – provechopress.com
For more information about Registered Biological Photographer Certification:
• BioCommunications Association – bca.org